Old 28-11-2003, 03:12 AM
J Kolenovsky

Default Garden-Ville products

animaux wrote:
=

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 11:42:09 -0600, J Kolenovsky op=

ined:
=

Yes, I've heard of Ladybug and Sustane/you mention them frequently.
Houston has "Microlife".

Regarding the Garden-Ville product:

=

1. What is it about the creator?

=

I don't like his ethics or the ethics of a few he's involved with. I'v=

e said
more than I should.

Howard Garrett? Or some of the radio talk show dudes?

=

2. What were the results of using the product?

=

Well, I still had chlorosis and the results were not as good as when I =

used
Sustane or LadyBug Brand. As I've said, I prefer to use products which=

do not
contain human waste. They are cheap, but unreliable. Biosolids can co=

ntain
harmful levels of heavy metals and it stinks. Anything I have to wear =

a mask to
use is not used. I don't even use D.E. any more, as a dust for that re=

ason.
=

I could probably get specific with results, but I will say for argument=

s sake
that, the results I see with the preferred products far outweighs any r=

esult I'd
seen using Gardenville fertilizer products.
=

Further, while Milorganite is a sludge product which I've used in the p=

ast for
my turf areas, I stopped using IT as well. It was a good, bacterial ba=

sed,
sludge product, but to have it shipped from Wisconsin when I have perfe=

ctly good
products made locally seems to be a waste.
=

I do believe LadyBug Brand can cover an area of 7,000 sq.ft. I could b=

e wrong
about that, but for turf, the 8-2-4 outperformed every other product ou=

t there.
=

The following website can provide the results of their studies, which w=

ere
conducted on turf using several forms of fertilizer.
=

http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/growgreen/lawncare.htm
=

Victoria