Old 28-11-2003, 06:12 AM
Paul in Redland

Default Cold water

Remember, we're talking WATER temp here. Water temp tends to be the average
of the high and low temps for the past few days, depending on the size of
the pond, among other things. When in doubt, don't feed them. It will always
be better to under feed them than over feed. Ask any ponder when the last
time was that they had a fish starve to death.

Paul

"animaux" wrote in message
The problem is, I live in Texas. Some day it will be 45, next day, it

will be
80. Many of the average days are 65 by day, 40 by night. I will take

your
advice and tell my husband to stop feeding them. There are plants, duck

weed,
algae, etc. I would simply hate to do anything to harm them in any way.