Old 28-11-2003, 10:42 AM
Alex Harris

Default how long do fishtanks last?

"NetMax" wrote in
:

snip
Nice tank Alex. Sorry for the delay. I suggest you trim your
pictures down in size (or compress them). I'm not familiar with the
Perfecto tanks, so I can't say if that's what their siliconing
normally looks like. My normal tanks look better than that, and the
one the blew looked far worse. ymmv

Every bubble or air channel decreases the bonding strength, but how
much bubbling it takes for it to have any significance, I can't say.
I don't think you're in any immediate danger though. I'd just keep an
eye on it to see if it worsens. It's not unusual for properly
constructed tanks to last over 20 years.

NetMax

Thanks Netmax,

I took a look at some of the larger perfecto tanks in the pet store and
they all looked the same as far as having bubbles/channels in there.
There were some 135 gallon tanks with thicker glass (black trim) that
were perfect in comparison to the perfecto tanks.

I'm keeping an eye on the channels on the left side to see if they are
moving.

I was testing out a friend's Canon Powershot G5 digital camera, very
nice camera. I forgot to clip the pics in a rush to upload them to the
page.

This is my first attempt at a large planted tank after putting my 20
gallon away about 10 years back.
http://home.comcast.net/~harrisal74/DeepEndTank.htm

Thanks again for your response, I feel a bit better, but I'll track it
for any changes to what's already there.

Alex