Old 28-11-2003, 12:22 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default eu regulations

In article om, trufflesdad writes:
| I have just received a load of farm manure for my allotment...The farmer
| told me if I wanted any more I must get it before 2004 as the EU were
| regarding it as toxic waste and it would need a special licence to be
| transported on the public highway...This licence would be specific to the
| driver and as he employs casual labour he could not afford all the fees...
| Wonder if anyone else has heard about this and if so what can be done
| about it....

Nuke Whitehall. As with most such claims in the UK, it is almost
certainly a lie. The EU typically requires that a country has
appropriate regulations, Whitehall introduces some draconian ones
that have a huge bureacratic overhead, and then says "look what
the nasty EU made us do".

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.