Old 28-11-2003, 03:02 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Default compost

Joseph O'Brien said:

I actually have found a wonderful source of greens: leftovers from
lunch at the office. My company's fairly small (30 people) and they
provide catered lunch every day (this is their tricky way of getting
us to stay in the office for lunch!). Especially on days when
something super greasy is served, like fried chicken, the salad is
hardly touched. We usually take this home and either eat it or
compost it.

In composting terms, coffeegrounds are 'green' (a nitrogen source).
Hundreds of pounds of grounds have been added to my compost
over the years (picked up at the company cafeteria). The Starbucks
chain has a policy of encouraging the use of their spent grounds
in composting. Good stuff!

I've had (on a few occasions) friends save 'stuff' for my compost
pile....

(attributed to Don Marti)