Old 28-11-2003, 03:32 PM
Hal

Default Cold water

I live in Middle Georgia Zone 8 and feed my fish most of the year. I
stop feeding when the fish (goldfish and koi) line up on the bottom
and stop coming to the top to eat. I do switch from Mazuri Platinum
to wheat germ feed when the water temperature gets around 50F. I've
talked to other ponders here that feed the same type of feed although
less throughout the winter. Winter is relative. Down here it can
mean two days of ice on the pond up yonder it can mean months of ice
on the pond.

Regards,

Hal

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 03:33:44 GMT, animaux
wrote:

The problem is, I live in Texas. Some day it will be 45, next day, it will be
80. Many of the average days are 65 by day, 40 by night. I will take your
advice and tell my husband to stop feeding them. There are plants, duck weed,
algae, etc. I would simply hate to do anything to harm them in any way.