Old 28-11-2003, 10:05 PM
Kenni Judd

Default And Another Question or Two

That's not lava rock, that's aliflor.

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com
"Robert Dickow" wrote in message
. ..
I had some catasetums growing in a sort of round, grey colored, bead-
like lava rock. Plants do ok in it, and for me the only downside was
that if I overturned a pot, the lava rock would go rolling all over the
place, like a spilled bag of marbles. Using this material in a home
growing situation is also problematic in that these rocks often wash
down sink drains and whatnot.

Bob Dickow, Moscow, Idaho

"Kenni Judd" wrote in
:

We use lava rock extensively. It's the main ingredient in our mix for
catts and dens. We like it because it does not break down; this often
means an extra year between repottings and when we do repot, we don't
snip
Good growing,

--
Kenni Judd