Old 28-11-2003, 11:42 PM
JNJ

Default Squirrel News

Get rid of 'em while you can. Aside from shade and quickly decaying
leaves, they are nuisance tree. I wish I had squirrels as meticulous
as yours. As it is, my problem has been reduced by having 3 out of 4
trees felled (not without considerable cost) by Isabel. The nuts
dropped like bombs on my (and my neighbor's roof), Decaying in the
lawn, they provide nasty lawnmower and bare-foot surprises. The roots
spread for *miles* laterally. Well, a very long way. If you have 2 or
3 additional now, you may have 20 or 30 in a few years.

Nah -- they're no problem. They're in the far back of the yard, nowhere
near the house, and the nuts do not make it to the ground for long.

James