Old 29-11-2003, 12:27 AM
Geir Harris Hedemark

Default Digital Camera Question

"Diana Kulaga" writes:
range. I'm particularly interested in getting detail so I can photograph
some of the smaller orchids.

Then you are interested in the optics. What can the optics do in
close-range situations? I have a separate macro button on my digital
camera. You may want to have something similar.

For big prints of an extremely nice flower you want a high
resolution. I have a 4 Mpixel camera. That goes up to about double the
area of the regular prints you get from a 35mm film, then you start
seeing pixels clearly in the print. 10MP or more is needed to do full
A4 prints in good quality.

Also check the price of the memory solutions. How much does it cost to
buy extra storage for this camera compared to others? Digital cameras
are usually equipped with a joke of a storage chip. You will, sooner
or later, buy more storage. If this costs you double the amount you
saved compared to a little more pricey model, then you have still
spent more money than if you had bought the pricier camera with the
less expensive storage.

Geir