Old 29-11-2003, 12:28 AM
Cybe R. Wizard

Default SWM seeks LCF (Large Carnivorous Fish)?

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 12:19:57 -0800
~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:

Now that you mention it, yesterday I did see a hawk make a pass. He
got thwarted as my DH happened to walk into the yard about the same
time for a load of wood, so he veered off and made a half-hearted grab
for a Magpie(or could that have been a "I'm not here for the
squirrels" diversion?). Guess I won't get too attached to these
squirrels and name them. ;o) ~ jan

We have lots of hawks around here. I've seen them take snakes and small
birds before and a neighbor down the street lost his wife's small stomp
dog. For some reason I never thought about them watching the feeder.
It's perfectly situated, though, with a high bank the squirrels have to
run up before they get to cover. Now that I think about it, it seems
perfectly logical that they would feed here.
Now I gotta try to get some pictures.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Unofficial "Wizard of Odds," A.H.P.