Old 29-11-2003, 12:29 AM
Ian Cundell

Default eu regulations

In article ,
"Bob Hobden" wrote:

Ted wrote
I have just received a load of farm manure for my allotment...The farmer
told me if I wanted any more I must get it before 2004 as the EU were
regarding it as toxic waste and it would need a special licence to be
transported on the public highway...This licence would be specific to the
driver and as he employs casual labour he could not afford all the fees...
Wonder if anyone else has heard about this and if so what can be done
about it....

I've already heard of a case of a pile of manure being removed from outside
an allotment site by the local Council because it was delivered on a Friday
and the gardeners intended to move it on Saturday, 24 hours later. They'll
be putting nappies on birds and insects next.

Yes of course. Because it is extremely likely that a local authority,
anywhere, would act on something like this within...well, let's see - a
working day, so call it 8 hours.

Yeah, right.

We should do what the French would do...nothing. Just ignore any rules that
they think don't apply to them, especially when it affects things they have
done for generations.

But the people we employ to run our country will see it as a golden
opportunity to obtain more money by the issue of licences, also an
opportunity for more control.

--

"I go online sometimes, but...everyone's spelling is really bad,
and...it's depressing"