Old 29-11-2003, 03:22 AM
animaux

Default Carnivorous plants

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 00:32:05 -0800, (paghat)
opined:

Thanks, will try foliered seaweed, never heard of doing that. It does live
in a colony of sorts, but it's the only white trumpet sarracenia, the rest
of the grouping consists of very strong Purple Pitcher Plants which are
much shorter (almost prostrate) sarracenias, plus a single not-as-strong
hybrid called ladies-in-waiting which in two years has remained rather
dwarfed. They used to share the bog with a cobra plant but it sent out
runners & spread willynilly so I had to separate those into their own
little bog (the cobra was also racoon-trounced but bounced back with
extreme speed).

There is not a plant I know of which cannot or does not benefit from foliar
fertilization. Seaweed has so many incredible properties, one of which is a
great range of trace elements, and can give a range of protection to plants
which are living on the cusp of a zone change. For example, here where I am, it
can be 8b-9a some years, 8a-8b some others. Doesn't sound like a wide range,
but it is. Seaweed can protect plants and help them through light frosts of 32
degrees better than if no seaweed had been administered throughout the seasons.

Try it. I'd be interested to know if or when you see new growth emerge.

Victoria