Old 29-11-2003, 01:03 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default eu regulations

In article ,
martin wrote:
On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 09:23:16 +0000 (UTC), "anton"
wrote:

Withdraw from the EU. Then we won't get stupid EU regulations,
and the rest of the stupid regulations will clearly be home-grown, so we can
hold our own politicians to account for them.

The mindless interpretation and enforcement of EU directives is a UK
problem.

Those of us with long memories will remember that it was no different
before we joined the EU, but that fact is conveniently forgotten by
the Little Englanders.

It's
called accountability, and it's in extremely short supply with
the current EU/national govt set-up. If the new EU constitution
gets passed then accountability will disappear completely
for decades. Lack of accountability breeds revolutions.

Not in UK so far, despite hundreds of years of lack of accountability.

Hmm. As a Celt, I must dissent. Unfortunately, the revolutions were
all unsuccessful.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.