Old 29-11-2003, 04:12 PM
Jonathan Phua

Default Digital Camera Question

I heard that the pentax optio 555 is really great. Lets u take really close
macro shots and 3D shots too.

Jon
"kenty ;-)" wrote in message
Look out for the optical & digital ,optical is actually the photo you

viewed
& took ,all digital is basically the image zoomed.The higher the optical
lens the better!Also remember that higher mpix wont always give you the
better quality pic.K Barrett is right before you buy look at the quality

of
the pics,you will be supprised!
kenty
"K Barrett" wrote in message
Did you compare its pictures side by side with other cameras (and even

your
old one) on the 'Amazing Comparometer? Why anyone would consider a

purchase
and *not* look at actual images the camera produces is beyond me.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/IMCOMP/COMPS01.HTM

You'll thank me later.

K Barrett

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
hlink.net...
All,

Our digital Kodak 260 is now way behind the curve, and we're

considering
new one. Frank did a bunch of research and found the Panasonic

DMC-FZ10K
Lumix. 4 mp, zoom up to 12x, and an optical image stabilizer, among

other
features. It's priced around $600, which makes puts it in reasonable

range
for us.

Anyone familiar with this camera? I'm sure that if we wanted to spend

fortune there are better ones available, but we'd like to stay in this
range. I'm particularly interested in getting detail so I can

photograph
some of the smaller orchids.

Any thoughts welcome.

Diana