Old 30-11-2003, 01:02 PM
SugarChile

Default fern? help

They are also very durable and carefree as houseplants. I've had one for
over a dozen years. It hangs in a north window, and gets watered once a
week. It always looks fresh and attractive. I repotted it once, a few
years ago, when the rhizomes got so numerous that they cracked the pot.

Cheers,
Sue

--

Zone 6, South-central PA

"Pam - gardengal" wrote
Sounds like a rabbit's foot fern - Davillia or Humata. Those furry
extensions are rhizomes, not roots, but you can cut them off and root them
to start new plants. A great little fern and quite hardy, too - I have one
that has lived outdoors in zone 8 for about 3 years.

pam - gardengal