Old 30-11-2003, 02:32 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default OT. new antispam laws in the US

The message
from "K" contains these words:

I gave up Mailwasher and other freebies for the same reasons. It tried to
treat as spam my DH's daily bulletin from his running club - he would not
have been a happy bunny. I find it just as quick and easy to delete the
spam without opening them. The majority I (and presumably anyone) can tell
are spam and the others I just have a quick look without opening via
'Properties' etc.
Perhaps I don't get as many as others, but this method takes seconds.

I just check my log to see if anything which has fallen in loks as if it
may be genuine, then i can go to it in the saved packet and give it the
once-over.

If it is genuine, I tell the KF to make an exception to the sender, or I
modify the filter and pass the saved packet through again for unpacking.

--
Rusty Hinge http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)