Old 30-11-2003, 04:06 PM
Janet Baraclough

Default Allium Bulbs

The message
from "Janice" contains these words:

I haven't yet planted my allium bulbs. They are the big purple balls
(Purple Sensation) and also Globemaster and Giganteum.

Is it too late to plant them?

What is Plan B? If you save them until next autumn they will probably
be shrivelled dry, or rotted. Or (even more annoying) lost and
forgotten.

If your garden is very soggy atm, why not plant them in pots of gritty
soil,(outdoors) so that the roots can get a start with less risk of
rotting. By spring the roots should hold the soil well enough that you
can slip off the pots and plant the contents.

I've planted Purple Sensation too this year (in garden)...looking
forward to seeing them.

Janet.