Old 30-11-2003, 06:08 PM
K Barrett

Default Digital Camera Question

Ditto what Larry says about macro. and the ability to manually focus.

K Barrett

"larry flink" wrote in message
om...
As the former store manager for a large camera chain and a digital
camera user let me give you some insight. If you intend to do a lot of
close up work then you need to be concerned with the "macro"
capabilities of the camera AND the ability to "manually focus" the
camera.The ability to use a "cable release" with the camera is
critical because it eliminates the hand shake factor.You also must put
the camera on a tripod when doing macro work. This being said my
camera of choice( and the one I own) is the Minolta Dimage 7i Ilove it
and it gives me all the features of a SLR camera (except changeable
lenses, has great zoom, and the ability to use macro with the lens set
to either wide angle or telephoto ( most cameras anly allow macro with
lens set to telephoto). It is 5 MP, allows you to add external flash,
take a cable release and allows manual focus. Hope this helps.

Larry