Old 30-11-2003, 06:33 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Pruning Walnut Tree

"Neil Robertson" wrote in message

I have a walnut tree approx 13 years old that needs light pruning. Could
anybody tell me the best time and way of going about this task. I live

in
East Anglia and the tree is a good bearer of nuts most years.

Diane Robertson

I subscribed to this newsgroup thinking I would be able to obtain sensible
answers to my gardening questions. How silly I was if what I see are the
only replies to date!

The word "nuts" seems to evoke uncontrlllable paroxysms of laughter in some
folk. The fact
that no one else replied with sensible guidelines simply means that nobody
in the ng has sufficient experience of handling walnuts to risk replying.

Please don't unsubscribe. There is a lot of excellent advice and good fun
floating
around here.

Franz