Old 30-11-2003, 06:42 PM
Rod

Default Pruning Walnut Tree

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 17:52:30 +0000, Neil Robertson wrote:

"Neil Robertson" wrote in message
I have a walnut tree approx 13 years old that needs light pruning. Could
anybody tell me the best time and way of going about this task. I live in
East Anglia and the tree is a good bearer of nuts most years.

Diane Robertson

I subscribed to this newsgroup thinking I would be able to obtain sensible
answers to my gardening questions. How silly I was if what I see are the
only replies to date!

Walnuts are not a big part of my experience but don't prune in the spring
- it will bleed quite badly from large cuts. I am not sure why you need to
prune it unless it's getting too big for the place you've planted it in.

Hoping Anton's around somewhere he will be able to give you more reliable
info.

Rod