Old 30-11-2003, 10:22 PM
Diana Kulaga

Default Digital Camera Question

Got it. This camera has both, plus the optical stabilizer, which
compensates for the "hand shakes". As for the tripod, we use that when
looking for closeups.

Thanks!

Diana

"K Barrett" wrote in message
Ditto what Larry says about macro. and the ability to manually focus.

K Barrett

"larry flink" wrote in message
om...
As the former store manager for a large camera chain and a digital
camera user let me give you some insight. If you intend to do a lot of
close up work then you need to be concerned with the "macro"
capabilities of the camera AND the ability to "manually focus" the
camera.The ability to use a "cable release" with the camera is
critical because it eliminates the hand shake factor.You also must put
the camera on a tripod when doing macro work. This being said my
camera of choice( and the one I own) is the Minolta Dimage 7i Ilove it
and it gives me all the features of a SLR camera (except changeable
lenses, has great zoom, and the ability to use macro with the lens set
to either wide angle or telephoto ( most cameras anly allow macro with
lens set to telephoto). It is 5 MP, allows you to add external flash,
take a cable release and allows manual focus. Hope this helps.

Larry