Old 01-12-2003, 01:02 AM
Shell

Default Poinsetta Question

Neat I know just where I can put it. All my closets have louvers on the
top half of the door but I have an unused bedroom/junk room that doesn't
get much light al all. Should be no trouble to set it in there. How often
do you water it when it's living in the closet?

Shell

"SAS567" wrote in message

I have just gotten a beautiful Poinsetta. I want it to survive the
Christmas season. Has anyone managed to keep one going and how did you
do this? I believe they are more of a succulent? I think someone said
they were a type of Euphorbia?

Shell

Keep in a bright location out of the sun and let the soil dry out a bit
between waterings. Getting them to re-color next year is a pain in the

you
know what unless you can set up a room with lights on a timer. I like big
ones as foliage plants.

I've had mine for 4 yrs.It's the size of a small bush. It goes outside in

the
summer and I bring it in the first week of Oct. That is when I put it in a
closet for the 14hrs. of darkness per day that it needs to bloom again.

It's
starting to bloom already. This has worked every year. Mine is white.
Sue in Mi. (zone 5)