Old 01-12-2003, 02:03 AM
RichToyBox

Default Introduction and filter question

A good filter for this size pond is the strawberry jar trickle tower filter.
Take a terra cotta strawberry jar, run tubing from the pump up through the
bottom hole, all the way to the top, and add lava rock around the tubing.
Add a small pump, to flow the water over the top of the lava rock. Set the
strawberry jar on a stand that gets it above water, and it will do a
wonderful job. Do a Google for strawberry jar in rec.ponds for additional
info..
--
RichToyBox

"John Stobbs" wrote in message
My name is John.
I live at Assiniboia SK Canada.
It is in Zone 3a.
I have a 300 gallon pond outside which I'm enlarging in the spring.
I have moved my 3 6" koi, 1 8" goldfish and 6 2" comets inside to a 150
gallon plastic stock tank. What kind of pump and filter should I use? My
outside pump and filter is too large.
Thanks.
--
John Stobbs