Old 01-12-2003, 06:32 AM
Bolero

Default Digital Camera Question

The price does sound reasonable but I think you can get the Olympus C-5050
for around that price.

It is a much better camera and the super macro function is awesome.

"Shell" wrote in message
m...
I'm not familiar with this cmera but it sounds like a good deal to me. If
you're looking to do extreme closeups check and see what the minimum
distance lens to object is. I have a Umax Power Cam 3660 that I got on

eBay
for right at $300. It will go up to 6mp and has all sorts of settings

that
I'm still learning. Regular pictures are set at 3.5mp I think and I can

get
within 4 inches of an object for extreme closeups.

The higher the mega pixel the better the quality should you ever want to
have really large prints made of your pictures.

Now if I coud just figure out a way keep my hands from shaking when I'm
trying to take a picture

I really like my digital camera but I still prefer my telephoto lenses and
35mm Pentax that's about 25 years old. I just wish film developing wasn't
so expensive.

Shell

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
hlink.net...
All,

Our digital Kodak 260 is now way behind the curve, and we're considering

new one. Frank did a bunch of research and found the Panasonic

DMC-FZ10K
Lumix. 4 mp, zoom up to 12x, and an optical image stabilizer, among

other
features. It's priced around $600, which makes puts it in reasonable

range
for us.

Anyone familiar with this camera? I'm sure that if we wanted to spend a
fortune there are better ones available, but we'd like to stay in this
range. I'm particularly interested in getting detail so I can

photograph
some of the smaller orchids.

Any thoughts welcome.

Diana