Old 01-12-2003, 06:42 AM
Charles

Default Banana Tree Question

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 05:07:43 GMT, "Cereoid-UR12-"
wrote:

If its a tree, its not a banana. Banana plants are just overly large
rhizomatous perennials.

If you live in a warm enough climate, you can just let it be.

Be sure the plant is well watered. (Even if you don't even have a well to
get water from!)

It's a banana plant. Technically, it may not be a tree, but that is a
common term used in referring to them. I always thought it was closer
to being a giant form of grass, but the smart people don't agree with
me much of the time.

We are warm enough here that the plant will survive, at least the
rhizome will, but I would like to get some fruit, just for the
novelty.

so the question remains, am I more or less likely to get fruit if I
cut off the blossom. (And fruit is probably the wrong term for the
bananas I hope to get, but I can't remember all the correct
terminology.)

--

- Charles
-