Old 01-12-2003, 07:42 AM
anton

Default eu regulations

Nick Maclaren wrote in message ...
In article ,
martin wrote:
On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 09:23:16 +0000 (UTC), "anton"
wrote:

Withdraw from the EU. Then we won't get stupid EU regulations,
and the rest of the stupid regulations will clearly be home-grown, so we

can
hold our own politicians to account for them.

The mindless interpretation and enforcement of EU directives is a UK
problem.

Those of us with long memories will remember that it was no different
before we joined the EU,

Wrong. Even if you choose to believe that the quality of govt
regulations is no worse since accession to the EU, the
increase in the volume of regulations is beyond dispute.

but that fact is conveniently forgotten by
the Little Englanders.

They're in rather short supply old, chap. That mindset seems
to have been taken over by europhiliacs who believe that the
drawbridge can be drawn up around the EU, protecting its
little nonsenses from the big bad world.

--
Anton