Old 01-12-2003, 01:22 PM

Default Garden of Wales decision time

"Gavin Wheeler" wrote in message
om...
: For those who are interested in the National Botanic Garden of Wales
: at Middleton and the associated BioTechnium incubator project:
:
: I was at the meeting held yesterday in the Glasshouse to discuss the
: future of the Gardens. What I gathered is that the remaining Trustees
: have put together a rescue plan which has been submitted to the Welsh
: Assembly, and they are waiting to hear back from the Assembly after
: the decision is taken tomorrow, Tuesday 2nd December.
:
: Now this might sound like the Trustees haven't learned a thing and are
: going to go on demanding public money to fund their big lunches while
: the members are left to buy sandwiches (for those who remember the
: fiasco at the opening of the walled garden.) But I truly believe, both
: from talking to the two trustees present *and* from a number of
: ex-employees 'in the know', that this is not the case.
:
: - They are down to 6 trustees. I don't know how many they started
: with, but this was mentioned by several people.

Where were the other 4 trustees that they could not attend such an important
meeting as this?

:
SNIP