Old 01-12-2003, 01:32 PM
Trevor Woods

Default potatoe varieties for growing in tyre stacks

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 20:09:23 GMT, rick
wrote:

I`m interested in space savng growing ideas aand have tried earthing up
potatoes to encourage multiple layered tuber growth with little
success. Can any one advise me which varieties work and which don`t, I
have only ever to get the one group of potatoes though I have had them
earthed up three feet in six inch stages.

I currently have about twelve different varieties of potatoes. Not all
in the ground at the same time. Try Royal Blue, if you have access to
it. This one always does well for me.