Old 01-12-2003, 03:12 PM
joe s

Default corn issues

i live in FL and we have some corn that is growing very happily, but 3 rows
of it have some odd things happening.

the plan was pushing out the "flower", if you will, but down inside the
place was FILLED with aphids and ants...from what i have read these are
"peas in a pod" but i also have noticed that the whole top of the stalk is
rotting off now (on the ones that are infected) i also read that there is
something else in the presence of these 2 nuisances and it bores down and
kills the corn stalk, any idea as to waht it is and how i can organically
get rid of it?

how would i clean my soil so it's usable next year for something else?