Old 01-12-2003, 05:02 PM
K Barrett

Default Digital Camera Question

It saved me from making a bad mistake.

"Wendy" wrote in message
news:YNJyb.43612$m24.18257@fed1read02...
This Comparometer is fun! I entered the
Canon EOS-1Ds .......$7169.00
& the
Sony CyberShot DSC-F828 .......$980.00 (new)

Now with my old eyes, my monitor & very little photography knowledge,
I hardly see any difference?

I would rather have the cheaper camera & use the $$ on my orchids! *g*
--
Cheers Wendy
Remove PETERPAN for email reply

"K Barrett" wrote in message
Did you compare its pictures side by side with other cameras (and even

your
old one) on the 'Amazing Comparometer? Why anyone would consider a

purchase
and *not* look at actual images the camera produces is beyond me.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/IMCOMP/COMPS01.HTM

You'll thank me later.

K Barrett

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
hlink.net...
All,

Our digital Kodak 260 is now way behind the curve, and we're

considering
new one. Frank did a bunch of research and found the Panasonic

DMC-FZ10K
Lumix. 4 mp, zoom up to 12x, and an optical image stabilizer, among

other
features. It's priced around $600, which makes puts it in reasonable

range
for us.

Anyone familiar with this camera? I'm sure that if we wanted to spend

fortune there are better ones available, but we'd like to stay in this
range. I'm particularly interested in getting detail so I can

photograph
some of the smaller orchids.

Any thoughts welcome.

Diana