Old 01-12-2003, 06:06 PM
Simon Avery

Default Jane finds her garden:brick wall question

Jane Lumley wrote:

Hello Jane

JL Thing is, said acre is currently rather exposed to wind and
JL traffic noise, so dh and I are eager to make a walled garden
JL by building brick walls around at least part of it. Are we
JL mad? I've looked at several websites and the art of
JL bricklaying seems very jargon laden. Does anyone know of a
JL site in plain English? And has anyone ever done one
JL of those night-school bricklaying courses?

uk.d-i-y is the "better place" for this kind of thing, but the reason
it seems complicated is because it can be - especially if you plan on
building walls above a certain height; they need buttressing and
reinforcement at specific places to make sure they don't fall over and
squash someone.