Old 01-12-2003, 11:15 PM
Bob Hobden

Default Can/should I move magnolia

"Chris wrote in message :
The south wall of the north wing of Lanhydrock house in mid Cornwall
(built circa 1600 AFAIK) is thickly clothed by several evergreen
magnolias, going up two stories. While they've not been there as long
as the north wing, they've certainly been there a long time, as the
stems are thick and gnarled, and emerge from the soil hard against the
wall of the house. The house itself seems to have come to no harm as a
consequence.

They seem to be planted hard against the walls of a number of NT properties
so knowing their expertise in all things conservation I really can't see
they can be a problem either wall or foundation wise.

Snows Rise, that's a road I pass out Windlesham way on the way to Longacres
GC. :-)

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars
343 data units completed.