Old 02-12-2003, 11:46 AM
David

Default Garden of Wales decision time

As a visitor to the garden over a number of years, and a member in the first
full year of operation, I would make the following observations:

- The garden can never be truly self financing, its location places it too
far from the main population centres of the Midlands and South of England.
As a result visitor numbers will never be sufficient on their own, also

- It has never been marketed effectively, look at the Eden Project as an
example of good promotion. Why can'y The Garden be marketed jointly with
Aberglasney (another superb visitor attraction)?

- As I say I took out a memebrship in the first year to support the garden.
On its expiry no one bothered to contact me to suggest that I might like to
renew my membership. If this is typical, it shows an apalling lack of
commercial awareness. I can only guess at the number of regular members they
may have lost as aresult of this basic error.

- I have to say that some of the facilities, particularly the restaurant /
cafe are poorly run. These days people expect a higher quality service.

I really hope that the garden is able to continue, but it needs public
money, and a clear vision of its purpose to survive.

David

"David Hill" wrote in message
Thanks for a very good update,
Keep up the good work.