Old 02-12-2003, 11:46 AM

Default Garden of Wales decision time

"Gavin Wheeler" wrote in message
m...
: "K" wrote in message
:
: Where were the other 4 trustees that they could not attend such an
important
: meeting as this?
:
: Short answer: I don't know. I'm not connected to the Gardens in any
: way (unless you count having been a volunteer a couple of times in the
: early stages, before it opened), and so wouldn't necessarily recognise
: the trustees if I saw them. So they might have been there in the
: audience - it would have been more exact to say that there were two
: trustees up on the stadium, publically identified as such. There were
: certainly plenty of other people present who are part of the
: organisation in sme way, such as the guy who was handing out the
: newsletter or various ex-employees.
:
: The meeting was also something organised by an interested local, not
: by the trustees themselves. So I suppose I could understand some of
: them not being able to be present, especially as they are trying to
: keep the Gardens running well on a skeleton staff, and there having
: been a Christmas Craft Fair on earlier that day. It would have been
: nice to see them all there, but I honestly can't say where they were
: or why.
:
: Obviously everyone has to make up their own mind as to whether or not
: they *do* trust this revamped incarnation of the Garden, after the
: mess that has been made in the past, and I wouldn't dream of trying to
: tell anyone that they 'should' trust them. Really all I was trying to
: do, or could reasonably do for that matter, was make people aware of
: the debate that is happening in the Assembly today, and give some
: account of the meeting on Sunday.
:
: On that note, I've been looking at the Assembly website, to see if I
: could find out more about the debate (or committee meeting or whatever
: it is). I couldn't, but I did find a transcript of another past debate
: on the gardens. If you are interested the URL is:
:
http://www.wales.gov.uk/assemblydata...m#_Toc52774895

Thanks, Gavin. I was really only making the point in a general way as I am
London based but thought that the meeting had been called by the trustees or
other figureheads. I now understand that it was not.