Old 02-12-2003, 05:07 PM
mel turner

Default walter, don't you think it's time we talked?

In article ,
[Iris Cohen] wrote...

We are the downtrodden and dispossesed, the self-torturing, the
disenfranchised convicts, drug and alcohol addicts, the unemployed and
unemployable.

I don't know who Walter is, but you have a valid point. I don't disagree.
However, this is a botany newsgroup. If you really want to do something about
your situation, you might contact the American Horticultural Therapy
Association,
http://www.ahta.org/.
Gardening and other plant related activities have a proven record of changing
the lives of hitherto hopeless people.

This was some sort of weird automated spam. The same message was sent
to a very large number of newsgroups, all on the same day: [each with
different odd messages addressed to different names in the "subject:"
line -- "zebediah, do you live in a gentrified neighborhood? "]

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=+%...e=UTF-8&scorin
g=r&filter=0

or

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=au...ing=r&filter=0

found about 100 screens of identical hits. Hope it's not someone's
successful trial run, but that's likely...

cheers