Old 02-12-2003, 06:12 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Default Not called to the vocation [Was: walter, don't you think it's time we talked?]

How soon they forget the contributions of George Washington Carver.

Phred wrote in message
In article ,
"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote:
[...]
Go ahead and name five "black" botanists, Iris.

This reminds me of the several months I spent in the States nearly 30
years ago. Towards the end of that "study tour", I finally met a
black American agronomist at the Univ. of Florida. He reckoned not
many of his background were drawn to a professional career in
agriculture, having spent too much effort picking cotton in previous
generations.

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID