Old 02-12-2003, 09:20 PM
Gavin Wheeler

Default Garden of Wales decision time

"K" wrote in message ...
[...]
Thanks, Gavin. I was really only making the point in a general way as I am
London based but thought that the meeting had been called by the trustees or
other figureheads. I now understand that it was not.

It is a very good point, and one a couple of people raised. To be
honest, when I first went I also assumed it had been called by the
trustees, and only realised otherwise when the chap who had called it
stood up on stage and explained who he was. In a way, the fact that
the trustees *hadn't* called such a meeting is telling in itself, but
I'm hoping they were just too busy preparing their case for the
Assembly.

I was really taking the opportunity to highlight that this was "what
some guy in the pub told me" news, not a fully informed press release.