Old 02-12-2003, 10:22 PM
Ray

Default Greenhouse Electric Heater

Don't let the distance to the greenhouse from the tank play a role in your
thought process. My GH heater uses propane, and the tank and heater are
about 150 feet apart. All it takes is some buried copper tubing!

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"Bobby Baxter" wrote in message
. com...
I am enjoying the input from this forum. Our fireplace is gas and I have
120 gallon tank for it. However, we really do not want to place another
tank in the yard. As our garden develops it will most likely be

unreachable
by the truck that fills the tank if we had one back by the greenhouse. I

am
ready to suck up some extra expense on the electric bill, especially since
it will be used for my business. I am not currently growing orchids but
knew this would be the appropriate forum for this discussion. I will be
using the green house for hybridizing daylilies and seed production. I

will
also be doing some conversions from diploid to tetraploid and using BAP

for
rapid propogation of plants to produce offshutes.

It looks like I should have some type of propane heater for backup when

the
power is lost. We have had some rough ice storms in the winter. Probably
need a tank like for a gas grill. Any recommendations for this type of
backup heater?

Thanks again,
Bobby

--