Old 02-12-2003, 10:33 PM
Kenni Judd

Default Epi. cinnabarinum

The cinnabarinum should be happy with what you give your radicans. Down
here, radicans is often grown as a terrestrial, planted in dirt in people's
yards, but that's Florida sugar-sand [faster draining than some orchid
media, most notably Pro-Mix].

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com
"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
ink.net...
All,

I picked up a tub of this at a local botanical garden sale. Clearly,

though
it was labeled, whoever did the pricing had no idea it was an orchid. (It
cost me 5 bucks!) Also, it's in "dirt", as heavy as lead.

Before I repot it to save its life, I'd love opinions on media. The only
other reed stem Epi. that I have is radicans, and that grows like a weed

in
a CHC mix. I've gotten two opinions so far; one grows in Aliflor and her
husband likes ProMix. BTW, her Aliflor potted plant is 8 (count 'em) feet
tall. Fabulous plant.

What do y'all use?

Diana