Old 03-12-2003, 03:32 AM
GrlIntrpted

Default Epi. cinnabarinum

Radicans is planted all over Disney's Animal Kingdom. During our last visit
(late spring 2003), I actually parted the plants surrounding the radicans
and stuck my hand (and face)into the thick of it all. The Radicans was
planted in pure soil! I scooped a handfull thinking that perhaps they mixed
something in the soil to aerate it, nope, pure soil! It was blooming like
crazy.

Mariana

"Kenni Judd" wrote in message
The cinnabarinum should be happy with what you give your radicans. Down
here, radicans is often grown as a terrestrial, planted in dirt in

people's
yards, but that's Florida sugar-sand [faster draining than some orchid
media, most notably Pro-Mix].

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com
"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
ink.net...
All,

I picked up a tub of this at a local botanical garden sale. Clearly,

though
it was labeled, whoever did the pricing had no idea it was an orchid.

(It
cost me 5 bucks!) Also, it's in "dirt", as heavy as lead.

Before I repot it to save its life, I'd love opinions on media. The

only
other reed stem Epi. that I have is radicans, and that grows like a weed

in
a CHC mix. I've gotten two opinions so far; one grows in Aliflor and

her
husband likes ProMix. BTW, her Aliflor potted plant is 8 (count 'em)

feet
tall. Fabulous plant.

What do y'all use?

Diana