Old 03-12-2003, 04:22 AM
Gaiawar

Default Evolution and the Grand Design

(Iris Cohen) wrote in message ...
There was a letter in the newspaper recently about evolution, in which the
writer pointed out that the Devonian fishes which eventually evolved into
amphibians already had the humerus, radius, ulna, femur, tibia, and fibula
which are necessary for legs (and arms). Absolutely blew me away.
The truth of evolution is far more awe-inspiring than the Creationists'
nonsense. There is a new form of Creationism called Grand Design which they are
trying to sneak into the public schools. They are ignoring the fact that each
religion (as well as atheism) has its own way of interpreting the Grand Design,
or whether it exists. This does not belong in public school.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

From the side lines I watch this debate without judgement and continue
to follow my own curiosity down the bioelectromagnetic rabbit hole.
Too many questions yet aound for any rational student of life to take
a hard and fast position on either side of the argument.
For example, how fast can a new species arise from the existing stock
of species? What are the mechanisms that effect the event? Is natural
law but a subset of a Creator?

-Gaiawar