Old 03-12-2003, 04:32 AM
Cereoid-UR12-

Default walter, don't you think it's time we talked?

The point is that these sociopaths have absolutely no respect for women, no
matter how well-meaning they are. She did not go into a tough neighborhood,
she had brought the punks into a recently yuppiefied section to do labor in
construction to develop a skill. That was something that was completely lost
on their addled simplistic criminal brains. They had written themselves off
as hopeless their entire lives. Their self-destructive hateful programming
is too firmly entrenched to simply be overcome by a few acts of kindness. To
them, that is weakness and something to be exploited and destroyed. Even
strict military training wouldn't help them straighten up. They wouldn't
even be worthy of soylent green. That they would actually go as far as and
steal religious artifacts from churches and rape nuns show how far gone they
are.

Iris Cohen wrote in message
A few years ago, there was a well-meaning, naive white woman just like

you,

murdered her

Such tragedies do happen. I assure you I am not nearly so naive. Projects

in
the inner city, or anywhere else, need to be properly organized &

supervised.
People who want to help should do so within the framework of existing
structure. That is why I suggest that they do so through the Salvation

Army,
scouting, community centers, Habitat for Humanity, etc. Of course people

who go
into a tough neighborhood alone are asking for trouble. Some of these same
undersocialized young men, reached young enough and in an appropriate

setting,
are salvageable. Don't write them all off.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)