Old 03-12-2003, 11:02 AM
Ray

Default Greenhouse Electric Heater

Bobby,

Whatever you do, you're sure to feel better simply knowing that you don't
have to worry about the plants freezing on those cold nights!

One last caveat: electric heat in a wet greenhouse can be dangerous. Be
sure to 1) ground it well, and 2) shield it in a way that prevents
accidental watering or even misting. When I used one, it was inside a
"tunnel" with stacked and siliconed brick walls on the sides, and a piece of
galvanized "roofing tin" siliconed to the top, with the front and back open
for the constant air flow of the GH fans.

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"Bobby Baxter" wrote in message
. com...
Ray, I will need to check with the gas guys to see if there is any problem
running another line from the tank to the greenhouse. I think my wife

will
be much more comfortable with electric, but I will check into the propane
options.

Thanks,
Bobby

--
Bobby Baxter
TheGardenSite.com

TheGardenSite.com: http://thegardensite.com
Daylily Gardens Of The World: http://daylily.net/gardens
Gardens Of The World: http://thegardensite.com/gardens
Iris Gardens Of The World: http://thegardensite.com/irises
Daylily.Net: http://daylily.net
GardenTalk Forum: http://thegardensite.com/gardentalk/

"Ray" wrote in message
Don't let the distance to the greenhouse from the tank play a role in

your
thought process. My GH heater uses propane, and the tank and heater are
about 150 feet apart. All it takes is some buried copper tubing!