Old 03-12-2003, 12:32 PM
jane

Default OT. new antispam laws in the US

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 10:18:33 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

~The message
~from (jane) contains these words:
~
~ Snipped the mail contents deliberately as it's the threading I'm
~ commenting on. Just to stick my nose back in the thread, I'm not
~ actually receiving a lot of the replies. For instance, I didn't get
~ Rodger's post (though pieced it together from the reply!) and I didn't
~ get one of Jane Ransom's from 2 or 3 days ago. Does anyone here know
~ if bt censor or miss posts?
~ I rely on pop access to demon for mail and btclick/btopenworld for
~ posting and news, as they run the broadband I use. If I know bt are
~ clipping then I guess I'll have to do a weekly dialup or something :-(
~
~It's down to where they get the feed to their server. I'm sure someone
~will give you a pointer to a good one, though it means going there
~yourself to get everything.

Tar :-)

Just was coincidentally chatting to Demon to change how I pay them*
and while I was at it, I asked about antispam measures a customer can
take and yes, bouncing is fine... they would just contact the account
holder to ask what had happened if they got a complaint and bouncing
forged spam is a legitimate excuse. They also said they can change a
hostname if it gets way too bad, though I don't want to do that! Been
on this one for so long, the first PC I had connected was a 286
running KA9Q...

I'm not going to comment on the effectiveness 'til I've finished my 2
week trial!

*never, ever rely on hotmail to transfer you to a secure site on an
html link from one of their emails - I ended up with a compromised
card number :-(

--
jane

Mark Twain