Old 03-12-2003, 03:23 PM
Bacchae

Default totally wacko idea.

"Bolero" wrote in message ...

I think it could work..........but.......

I really believe that it is always better to buy plants that

are close to
your natural environmental conditions.

Ha.

HaHaHa.

With all due respect, if people were constrained to only
growing plants that grow "naturally", there'd be no orchids in
my house at all. As it is I have an extremely modest
collection but most are happy and blooming for me. They may
not be producing substantial numbers of blooms but I still
enjoy them.

I am a windowsill grower in Canada and we just went through a
bout of -20 where the cold coming off the windows was daunting.
I also have absurdly low humidity in my house. I admit that
there are some plants I dare not try, mostly because I don't
want to accidentally slop water about more than absolutely
necessary, but I think I am doing pretty good for a newbie
hobbyist with horrid conditions.

If there is one thing I have learned about orchids, they are
amazingly tough plants and seem to be able to handle far more
abuse than most would give them credit for.

- Sandy