Old 03-12-2003, 04:32 PM
Carlos The Blissful

Default Mosquitoes and moths indoors - attractants?

On 2 Dec 2003 23:30:59 -0800, wrote:

; Does anyone know of certain chemicals or odours that atrract....
;
; - Mosquitoes?
; - Moths?

From my limited experience, the chemicals would be endless.

Am sure there are experts here, but have read that male mosquitoes feed
off plant juices, for instance.

Try a black light and a sheet - collected for years that way.

Used a 12V - 120 inverter run off car battery, fluorescent fixture.
Sometimes I was literally crawling with critters (hair, on and in
clothing etc) while collecting coleoptera.
--

" The quality of American life must keep pace with the quantity
of American goods. This country cannot afford to be materially