Old 03-12-2003, 04:42 PM
martin

Default High Hedge Legislation

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 16:15:24 -0000, "Janice" wrote:

"PK" wrote in message
The law will relate to
#the hedge in question comprised wholly or predominantly of a line of two

or
more evergreen or semi-evergreen trees or shrubs;
#it was over 2 metres high;
#the hedge acted, to some degree, as a barrier to light or access; and
#because of its height, it was adversely affecting the complainant's
reasonable enjoyment of their domestic property (that is their home or
garden)
The range of criteria is expected to include both light and sunlight
deprivation to homes and to gardens,

What niggles me a bit, though, is my neighbour on one side has built a
garage right along the fenceline, and my neighbour on the other side has
built a two-storey extension along the other fenceline. Both structures
block light from my garden, in a big way. Don't get me wrong -- I do have
sympathy for those who have towering trees blocking their sunlight, but how
come I don't have a right to light and sunlight?

Check if both had planning permission.
--
Martin