Old 03-12-2003, 05:16 PM
Janice

Default High Hedge Legislation

"martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 16:49:35 -0000, " Emrys Davies"
wrote:

Planning permission or not, it is too late to rock the boat now and I
mean that in the nicest possible way.

If they haven't got planning permission, you can do something to get
your light back.

Planning permission was received for both buildings; but both structures
were objected to on account of loss of light and privacy. The Planning
Department didn't even come to the property to see how the structures would
affect my property. Complete waste of time objecting, and apparently there
is no such thing as "a right to light", at least where a building is
concerned. But all of a sudden a right to light is taken into account with
high hedges. I don't understand it, but there you go................

I reiterate, I do have sympathy for those battling over high hedges, as I
know what it's like to have no sunlight.