Old 03-12-2003, 06:02 PM
Andy Hill

Default Winter mowing

"Chuck" wrote:
I never got around to doing a final mow in the fall, and I'm wondering if
there would be any benefit or if it would hurt my lawn if I did it now.

It is currently a couple degrees below freezing although last night it went
to 10 below (Celsius).

Unlikely to hurt anything, although not all mowers do well in the cold (most are
optimized for warm-weather operation, which makes sense).

I just did my final mow / leaf mulch last weekend (I don't like to rake leaves,
so I run the mulching mower over them a couple of passes). We were having a
warm spell, 'tho -- temps around 5 Celcius.