Old 03-12-2003, 06:02 PM
Janice

Default High Hedge Legislation

"PK" wrote :
The range of criteria is expected to include both light and sunlight
deprivation to homes and to gardens,

What niggles me a bit, though, is my neighbour on one side has built a
garage right along the fenceline, and my neighbour on the other side
has built a two-storey extension along the other fenceline. Both
structures block light from my garden, in a big way. Don't get me
wrong -- I do have sympathy for those who have towering trees
blocking their sunlight, but how come I don't have a right to light
and sunlight?

I can see how that niggles, but did you object to planning consent?
not much use but it might raise a smile, checkout:
http://whatis.techtarget.com/definit...859609,00.html
and for anyone interested, chapter and verse on the right to light - or

not!

Yes, I objected to planning consent - complete waste of time and effort. I
think our town Planning Department only considers a "right to light" if it
impacts the light in a main living space. I believe our Planning Department
completely disregards a "right to light" in the actual garden space
outdoors. Perhaps other towns have different regulations.